Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Above 6 at 6



I'm always looking for new and different places to see. I get an email about a new rooftop bar opening up in the Thompson Hotel in Columbus Circle in New York. I arrive to the hotel greeted by two doorman that open the doors wide and say "Welcome to the 6" I walk in to the concierge and tell the host, " I'm going to the 6". She walks me to a private elevator with a swipe card and puts in a secret code and off I go...

I arrive 15 floors later to the rooftop, walking out to the lounge with couch's filled with plush pillows and dimly lit candles, and a gorgeous view of Manhattan and Columbus Circle. I find a seat to sink down into, and the bartender walks up with an extensive bar menu...

This place is awesome... The drinks are reasonably priced, the vibe is cool, the decor is sheik all in a nice way. This is a getaway tucked away for someone looking for a calm place to lounge or an intimate get away for you and yours...

The Above 6 at 6 is located at 6 Colombus Circle, New York, NY 10019

1 comment:

  1. Wow I got to try that place. Looks great

    http://dominiquew1985.blogspot.com/
    http://senblogofdw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete