Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Rebirth of Lady Luck...

As a DJ and hip-lover growing up I was always a fan of EPMD. Later on they came out with a record in 1999 called 'Symphony 2000 Ft. Redman, Method Man, and Lady Luck.  Now... If your a true EPMD fan you know they had one femcee (female MC) in the Hit Squad, but she didn't work out, so who's this new femcee?

So, I was like okay, lemme check this out, As soon as Luck started her 16 with 'Miss stop drop and roll...' I said to myself N.J. has a new female MC.

Shanel Jones Aka Lady Luck was born right here in the great state of N.J. At 17 she signed a record deal with Def Jam Records and her career was off the races. Not exactly though. She endured bumps in the road and her career took a turn in another direction. Since then she's been on numerous radio and TV shows and been in countless rap battles notably the one with her and Remy Ma (google it) and personally I think Luck KILLED her.

Since meeting Luck last year, I admire her perseverance to keep doing what she loves, to be a great MC whether female or male, and she's coming back armed with a squad, and a new album to get back her place among the greatest MC's.

So check out her pilot 'Just My Luck' below, and see why I'm riding with her.

Jersey's back on the map, and Luck is in the Building!

To get in touch with Luck her's her info
Twitter.Com/IAMLADYLUCK
YouTube.Com/ITSLADYLUCK
MySpace.Com/IAMLADYLUCK
THELADYLUCK@GMAIL.COM
WWW.IAMLADYLUCK.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment