Friday, June 12, 2009

Hublot Big Bang King Black Blue Watch


Does this watch make you think of a black eye? Well it isn't an eye sore, but rather the Hublot Big Bang King All Black Blue watch.
Hublot has been messing with various colors for the standard Big Bang chronograph line lately, but I haven't see this type of attention on the Big Bang King which is a diver's style watch - and larger at 48m wide. I have to admit that I really think this is a sexy watch - somehow adding a virulent character to the otherwise somber color tone.
Diver watch elements on the Big Bang King include the 300 meters of water resistance, diver's style face with large legible dial, and the rotating diver bezel, of course. Here the bezel is made out of matte finished ceramic. The bezel numerals are in an attractive high relief that I am a fan of. The blue on the hands and hour indicators seems to almost exist only on the periphery, though you can tell the insides are colored black, the edges are all deep blue. You also have the blue insert between the bezel and the case. Most of the watch is in matte ceramic. Inside is the HUB1400 automatic movement. The blue alligator strap actually sandwiches a layer of rubber that makes it more flexible. Looking at the dial (sandblasted and rhodium plated) with the blues and black just makes for a great looking Hublot watch. Now that I think of it, as a diver watch I imagine the cold abyss of the ocean with colors such as this. The watch is available in a limited edition of 500 pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Yes sir this is a nice time piece. I like the Big Bang Black Lemon version with baguette cut canary diamonds. Yes I am just a tad gaudy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bok, I had to look that piece up, and it's a monster, now I need the Lambo in the same color.

    ReplyDelete